A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Climate and Weather of Blois, France September 28, 2022 - The climate of Blois According to RRRJEWELRY, Blois is the capital of the French department of Loir-et-Cher. Blois is located on the right bank of the Loire River. This old… Read more
- Best time to visit Aachen, Germany September 27, 2022 - Do you want to know when is the best time to travel to Aachen? You can determine the best time to travel to a destination based on the weather and… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Saar, Bahrain September 26, 2022 - The climate of Saar According to Citypopulationreview, Saar is located in the west of the capital of Bahrain. It is a residential area for the 'elite', the wealthy residents of… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Haifa, Israel September 19, 2022 - The climate of Haifa Haifa is located on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and is the main port in northern Israel. There is a lot of industry and there… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Santo Antonio, Sao Tome and Principe September 12, 2022 - The climate of Santo Antonio Santo António is a small town on the island of Principe of the country of Sao Tome and Principe. The city is located on the… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Klaipeda, Lithuania September 5, 2022 - The climate of Klaipeda Klaipeda is located on the coast of the Baltic Sea and is the main port of Lithuania. This port is ice-free almost all year round, making… Read more
- Climate and Weather in Andes Mountains, Chile August 22, 2022 - The climate of the Andes Mountains According to Bridgat, the Andes Mountains are about 7000 kilometers long and run through seven South American countries: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia… Read more
- Morocco History August 15, 2022 - In the first millennium BC, Moroccan lands belonged to Carthage. The history of the region is built mainly on the relationship between the Berbers, who inhabited it since ancient times,… Read more
- Skiing in Poland August 8, 2022 - Conditions for skiing are created in the mountain ranges in the south and south-west of the country: in the Karkonosze, Beskydy and Tatras. Karkonosze is a mountain range in the… Read more
- Alberta, Canada August 1, 2022 - The "steppe" province of Alberta is located in the western part of Canada. Most of the oil is produced here, and there are also numerous agricultural lands. The Rocky Mountains… Read more