A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Gracemont, Oklahoma September 25, 2023 - According to dictionaryforall, Gracemont, Oklahoma is a small town situated in Caddo County, in the southern central part of the state. Nestled in the heart of the Great Plains region,… Read more
- Gowen, Oklahoma September 18, 2023 - Located in the northeastern part of Oklahoma, Gowen is a small unincorporated community situated in Latimer County. Nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, Gowen is surrounded by picturesque landscapes, abundant… Read more
- Gould, Oklahoma September 11, 2023 - According to etaizhou, Gould, Oklahoma is a small town located in Harmon County in the southwestern part of the state. Situated in the Great Plains region, Gould is characterized by… Read more
- Gotebo, Oklahoma September 4, 2023 - According to aviationopedia, Gotebo is a small town located in the southwestern part of the state of Oklahoma, United States. Situated in Kiowa County, it is nestled amidst the rolling… Read more
- Garber, Oklahoma August 28, 2023 - According to usvsukenglish, Garber, Oklahoma is a small town located in the north-central part of the state. Nestled in Garfield County, it is situated about 75 miles north of Oklahoma… Read more
- Frederick, Oklahoma August 21, 2023 - According to theinternetfaqs, Frederick, Oklahoma is a small city located in Tillman County in the southwestern part of the state. Situated in the Great Plains region, Frederick is approximately 90… Read more
- Fort Supply, Oklahoma August 14, 2023 - According to eshaoxing, Fort Supply is a small town located in Woodward County, Oklahoma, United States. Situated in the northwestern part of the state, it is about 16 miles west… Read more
- Fort Sill, Oklahoma August 7, 2023 - According to sciencedict, Fort Sill, Oklahoma is located in the southwestern part of the state, about 80 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. It occupies a significant area of over 94,000… Read more
- Lorane, Oregon July 31, 2023 - According to psyknowhow, Lorane, Oregon is a small community located in Lane County, in the southern Willamette Valley region of the state. Nestled amidst the picturesque landscape of the Pacific… Read more
- Fort Cobb, Oklahoma July 24, 2023 - According to photionary, Fort Cobb is a small town located in Caddo County, Oklahoma. Situated in the central part of the state, it lies approximately 60 miles southwest of Oklahoma… Read more