A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- United Kingdom Society November 23, 2021 - Culture The culture of the United Kingdom, also called "British culture", can be described as the legacy of the history of a developed island country, a great power and also… Read more
- Cuba in 2017 November 16, 2021 - Presidential National Security Memorandum on Strengthening United States Policy toward Cuba The 16 of June of 2017, the President of the United States, Donald Trump announced his government's policy towards Cuba. The new políctica reversed… Read more
- Czech Republic History November 9, 2021 - The former crown lands of Bohemia, Moravia and (Austrian) Silesia belonged to Austria-Hungary until 1918 (the Hultschiner Ländchen 1742–1918 to Prussia) and since the founding of the first Czechoslovak Republic… Read more
- How to Get to Netherlands November 2, 2021 - Netherlands - arrival Airplane: Numerous airlines offer thisDirect flightsto the Netherlands. Go from AmsterdamFlightsin almost every European capital. In addition to the country's own KLM (KL), airlines that offer such… Read more
- Redwood National Park October 26, 2021 - The Redwood National Park consists of three state parks. It is located in the state of California and receives over 390,000 visitors annually on its area of 315 km². It… Read more
- Saskatchewan (Canada) October 19, 2021 - Saskatchewan is a prairie province in central Canada. Saskatchewan belonged to Canada on September 1, 1905. Important and largest cities are its capital Regina and the cities of Saskatoon, Yorkton,… Read more
- Gwaii Haanas National Park October 12, 2021 - In 1988 the Gwaii Haanas National Park was established. He is in the Canadian British Columbia Province and has an area of 1495 square kilometers. The area of the area… Read more
- Democratic Republic of Congo after 1998 October 11, 2021 - As a country starting with letter D according to Countryaah, Democratic Republic of Congo, officially French République Démocratique du Congo [ repy Republic of the ɔ kra tik dyk ɔ… Read more
- Quttinirpaaq National Park October 5, 2021 - The second largest National parksCanada is the Quttinirpaaq National Park with an area of 37,775 square kilometers. The park with the almost unpronounceable name is located in Nunavut. The name… Read more
- The Holy River Ganges September 28, 2021 - The Ganges is one of the three main rivers in India. Its headwaters are in the Himalayas. It flows through the great North Indian Plain over a length of 2,700… Read more