A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Climate of Independence, Missouri December 4, 2023 - Independence, Missouri, situated in the western part of the state, experiences a humid continental climate marked by four distinct seasons, with hot summers and cold winters. The city's climate is… Read more
- Climate of Bozeman, Montana November 26, 2023 - Bozeman, located in southwestern Montana, experiences a semi-arid climate with distinct seasons, characterized by cold winters, warm summers, and low precipitation. The figures provided here are based on earlier estimates,… Read more
- Climate of Bellevue, Nebraska November 18, 2023 - Bellevue, Nebraska, located in the central part of the United States according to citiesplustowns.com, experiences a humid continental climate with distinct seasons, including hot summers, cold winters, and transitional spring… Read more
- Drury, Missouri November 13, 2023 - Drury, Missouri, is a small unincorporated community located in the southern part of the state. Nestled within the beautiful Ozark Mountains, Drury offers a picturesque setting with its rolling hills,… Read more
- Lummi Island, Washington November 6, 2023 - Lummi Island, located in the northwest corner of Washington State, is a picturesque gem nestled in the Salish Sea. The island is part of Whatcom County and is accessible only… Read more
- Westport, Pennsylvania October 30, 2023 - Westport, Pennsylvania is a small town located in the northeastern part of the state. Situated in a picturesque valley surrounded by rolling hills, Westport is known for its charming rural… Read more
- West Hickory, Pennsylvania October 23, 2023 - West Hickory is a small borough located in Forest County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. It is nestled in the beautiful Allegheny National Forest, offering residents and visitors a serene… Read more
- Amsterdam, Netherlands Geography October 23, 2023 - According to wholevehicles.com, Amsterdam, the capital city of the Netherlands, is known for its unique and picturesque geography, which has played a significant role in the city's history, culture, and… Read more
- Climate of Henderson, Nevada October 23, 2023 - Henderson, Nevada, experiences a desert climate, specifically a hot desert climate (BWh in the Köppen climate classification), characterized by scorching hot summers, mild winters, and low humidity. In this comprehensive… Read more
- Waynesboro, Pennsylvania October 16, 2023 - Waynesboro, Pennsylvania is a borough in Franklin County, located in the southern part of the state. It is situated in the Cumberland Valley, which is known for its fertile farmland… Read more