A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Germany Cinematography – The Origins of Cinema (1895-1918) January 18, 2022 - Rediscovered by the great retrospective Prima di Caligari, presented in the 11th edition of the "Days of silent cinema" in Pordenone (1990), the original German film production appears today of… Read more
- Hungary History – The Turkish Era Part 2 January 11, 2022 - In the territories occupied by the Turks a new form of life was being formed. Abandoned the numerous villages, once flourishing, the peasant population concentrated in large municipalities. Much of… Read more
- Hungary History – The Turkish Era January 4, 2022 - The dismemberment of the state (1526 - 1711). - The German-phobic national party elected King John Zapolyai (1526-40), while a weak party, grouped around the widowed queen, returning to the political conception of… Read more
- Samarkand, Uzbekistan December 28, 2021 - Samarkand, Uzbekistan: Oriental images in abundance Samarkand is one of the oldest cities in Central Asia and has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2001. Samarkand was once a… Read more
- Attractions in Casablanca, Morocco December 21, 2021 - Miles of dream beaches, numerous historical buildings and breathtaking landscapes - that is Casablanca. The megacity in northwest Morocco is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Africa. The… Read more
- Arequipa, Peru December 14, 2021 - Arequipa / Peru: The white city The city of Arequipa is located in the south of the country of Peru and is the capital of the region that also bears… Read more
- Sightseeing in Romania December 7, 2021 - Bucharest Parliament Palace The pearl of Bucharest - the Parliament Palace The Parliament Palace in the Romanian capital Bucharest is one of the largest buildings in the world and is… Read more
- Sightseeing in Malta November 30, 2021 - Malta - an island at the crossroads of history! Due to Malta's location in the Mediterranean Sea, many conquerors and peoples left their imprint on this island. The ruins of… Read more
- United Kingdom Society November 23, 2021 - Culture The culture of the United Kingdom, also called "British culture", can be described as the legacy of the history of a developed island country, a great power and also… Read more
- Cuba in 2017 November 16, 2021 - Presidential National Security Memorandum on Strengthening United States Policy toward Cuba The 16 of June of 2017, the President of the United States, Donald Trump announced his government's policy towards Cuba. The new políctica reversed… Read more