A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia February 13, 2023 - Guide to the Great Barrier Reef: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to sunbathe. The highlights of the Great Barrier Reef: fresh reviews… Read more
- Travel to Rwanda February 6, 2023 - Rwanda is a comfortable Africa: +25 all year round, no mosquitoes and snakes, and almost European service in hotels. The best national parks, the "moon mountains" Rwenzori and mountain gorilla… Read more
- Kobe, Japan December 26, 2022 - According to Clothesbliss, Kobe is the sixth largest city in Japan and the capital of Hyogo Prefecture. The largest port city in Japan (and one of the largest in the… Read more
- State Route 90, 92, 93 and 94 in Colorado December 12, 2022 - State Route 90 in Colorado SR-90 Get started Paradox End Montrose Length 42 mi Length 67 km Route Utah Naturita Montrose According to Bestitude, State Route 90, commonly known as… Read more
- Western Sahara Travel Information December 10, 2022 - According to Countryaah, Western Sahara (English: Western Sahara, Arabic: الصحراء الغربية, aṣ-Ṣaḥrā' al-Gharbīyah) is an area in Africa bordering Morocco, Algeria and Mauritania. Western Sahara was a colony of Spain… Read more
- Seoul, South Korea December 5, 2022 - In order to fully experience what Seoul is like, you need to climb higher - a mountain or one of the famous skyscrapers. From there, from a bird's-eye view, the… Read more
- Hangzhou, China November 28, 2022 - The Chinese consider Hangzhou one of the most beautiful cities in the country and even in the world. Chinese poets sang about it, composed songs about it, painted pictures, and… Read more
- Negril, Jamaica November 21, 2022 - Negril is the westernmost and fastest growing resort area, located 80 km from the airport and Montego Bay. This resort is famous for its almost 11-kilometer strip of white sandy… Read more
- Sights of Tirana, Albania November 14, 2022 - According to VAULTEDWATCHES, the city of Tirana is located in the central part of Albania, where it is part of the joint thirty-six districts. As the capital, Tirana has fulfilled… Read more
- Sights of Normandy, France November 7, 2022 - Normandy is a region in northwestern France, located on the English Channel. Normandy refers to the Normans who ruled this area in the tenth century. Within world history, Normandy plays… Read more