A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Turkey Attractions May 10, 2022 - Islands Many of Turkey's islands have their very own charm and, in addition to their beautiful coasts, offer some other attractions for those seeking relaxation, those interested in culture, sportsmen… Read more
- Saint Martin (France) May 3, 2022 - San Martin. (in French: Saint-Martin). Officially it is named Collectivity of Saint Martin (in French: Collectivité de Saint-Martin). It is an overseas community of France located in the Caribbean. It occupies the northern part of the island… Read more
- Geography of Saudi Arabia April 26, 2022 - General information about Saudi Arabia The official name is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Located in southwest Asia, it occupies most of the Arabian Peninsula. The area is 2240 thousand… Read more
- Geography of Colombia April 19, 2022 - General information about Colombia The official name is the Republic of Colombia (Republica de Colombia). Located in the northwestern part of South America. The area is 1.14 million km2, the… Read more
- Montevideo, Uruguay April 12, 2022 - Montevideo is the capital of Uruguay. The city was founded by the Spaniards in 1726; located in a well-defended harbor on the left bank of La Plata Bay and developed… Read more
- Sights of Brussels, Belgium April 5, 2022 - Brussels is world-famous for its architectural and historical monuments: Grand Place (Grand'Place, Grote Markt) is one of the main attractions of Brussels, a historical square of the 12th century, on… Read more
- Hong Kong Description March 29, 2022 - Currency: The official currency of Hong Kong is the Hong Kong dollar, which is tightly pegged to the currency of the United States of America. Language: Chinese and English The name "Hong… Read more
- Turin, Italy March 22, 2022 - Turin, located at the foot of the majestic Alps, is an amazing and multifaceted city where epochs are intertwined, where elegant baroque architecture harmoniously coexists with modern buildings, and ancient… Read more
- Leisure, Fun and Theme Parks in Florida March 15, 2022 - Leisure, fun and theme parks are special visitor attractions in Florida and especially in the Orlando area . Nowhere else in the world is there such a concentration of entertainment.… Read more
- Serbia and Montenegro March 8, 2022 - Serbia and Montenegro, what remains of Yugoslavia, are also the two oldest historical-political entities of the former state of the South Slavs and the Balkans. Long included in the Ottoman… Read more