A waterfall is an incredible natural spectacle. A waterfall is flowing water, which on its way into the estuary goes into free fall. The distinctive gradient of 100% is a typical feature.
You can find out which are the highest waterfalls in the world below.
Rank 10 of the highest waterfalls in the world: Lofoï Falls
The Lofoi Falls are located in Kundelungu National Park in the Congo with a height of 340 meters, they occupy 10th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world.
Rank 9: The Krimml Waterfalls
With a fall height of 380 meters, the Krimml Waterfalls occupy 9th place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world. The Krimml Waterfalls are viewed by more than 350,000 visitors each year and are one of the most spectacular sights in Austria.
8th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: Takakkaw Falls
The Takakkaw Falls in Yoho National Park in Canada reach a height of 381 meters. According to official measurements, the waterfall in Yoho National Park is the second highest waterfall in Canada.
7th largest waterfall in the world: Gavarnie Falls in France
The Gavarnie Falls are located in France and, with a height of 422 meters, are the 7th highest waterfalls. The Gavarnie Falls are located in the Pyrenees National Park.
Sixth place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Ribbon Waterfall in California
The Ribbon Fall is located in Yosemite National Park in California and comes to an altitude of 491 meters.
5th place in the ranking of the highest waterfalls: The Sutherland Falls
The Sutherland Falls in New Zealand reach a height of 580 meters. The Sutherland Falls got its name from Donald Sutherland, a Scottish-born explorer who discovered the falls during one of his explorations in 1880.
4th place of the highest waterfalls worldwide: The Kukenaam Falls
The Kukenaam Falls are located in Venezuela and reach a total height of about 600 meters. At the same time they are the source of the Caroni River.
# 3 tallest waterfall in the world: Yosemite Falls
The Yosemite Falls are among the most famous waterfalls in the world. Located in Yosemite National Park in California, the total drop height of Yosemite Falls is 739 meters.
2nd place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: The Tugela Falls
The Tugela Falls are located in the Royal Natal National Park near the Drakensberg Mountains in the South African province of Kwazulu-Natal and also reach a height of 948 meters.
And in first place in the ranking for the highest waterfalls in the world: Salto Ángel
The Salto Ángel, named after the explorer Jimmie Angel, is a waterfall that is located in the southeast of Venezuela. The Salto Ángel, also known as Angel Falls, reaches a total height of 979 meters, making it the highest free-falling waterfall in the world! To reach Angel Falls, tourists must travel for at least an hour.
- Austria Culture
- Beach Holidays in Thailand
- Brazil Tour Plan
- Costa Rica Travel Guide
- Democratic Republic of Congo After 1998
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Egypt History
- Emigration to Uruguay
- Honeymoon in Asia
- Iran Tour Plan
- Japan Koyo Autumn Color Splendor
- Kazakhstan Economy
- Morocco Tour Plan
- National Parks in Latvia
- Norway Tour Plan
- Quick Facts about Estonia
- Reunion Travel Overview
- Sri Lanka Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Estonia
- Turkmenistan Tour Plan
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- Lingle, Wyoming May 7, 2023 - According to Jibin123, Lingle, Wyoming is a town located in the southeastern corner of the state in Goshen County. It is situated at the intersection of Highways 85 and 26,… Read more
- Battle Ground, Washington April 30, 2023 - According to iamaccepted, Battle Ground, Washington is located in Clark County, just north of Vancouver. It is situated at the base of the Cascade Mountains in the foothills of Mount… Read more
- Casper, Wyoming April 23, 2023 - According to existingcountries, Casper, Wyoming is located in the center of the state and is the second largest city in Wyoming. Casper is situated in a valley surrounded by mountains… Read more
- Beaver, West Virginia April 16, 2023 - According to ehuacom, Beaver, West Virginia is a small unincorporated community located in the Appalachian Mountains of the state. The town has a population of approximately 200 people and is… Read more
- Amberg, Wisconsin April 9, 2023 - According to anycountyprivateschools, Amberg, Wisconsin is a small town located in Marinette County in the northeastern part of the state. The town is situated on the banks of the Menominee… Read more
- Barrackville, West Virginia April 2, 2023 - According to andyeducation, Barrackville, West Virginia is a small town located in Marion County, near the city of Fairmont. The town is situated at the base of a steep hill… Read more
- Ashford, Washington March 26, 2023 - According to act-test-centers, Ashford, Washington is a small town located in the Cascade Mountains of Pierce County. The town is situated at the base of Mount Rainier and lies within… Read more
- Altamahaw, North Carolina February 27, 2023 - Altamahaw, North Carolina is a small, rural town located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Founded in 1839, the town has a rich history and is home to a… Read more
- Anderson, South Carolina February 20, 2023 - According to fashionissupreme, Anderson, South Carolina is a city located in the northwestern corner of the state, just south of Greenville. It is the county seat of Anderson County, and… Read more
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia February 13, 2023 - Guide to the Great Barrier Reef: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to sunbathe. The highlights of the Great Barrier Reef: fresh reviews… Read more